Saturday, February 16, 2008

SATURDAY SAMPLER

Spent the day mostly working on the new Victoria FibreFest website, hoping to have it up by Tuesday morning... I had a wonderful picture of the Yarn Harlot and I from last year's event, and do you think I could find it?? Spent two hours going through my files, and it's completely disappeared -- I'm so bummed!

Oh, well, the sun came out a bit this afternoon, and I didn't even have to go for my daily drive to catch some harbour action today. Our marina is right across from the Point Hope Shipyard, the oldest working (130-plus years!) shipyard in BC, and there are often interesting vessels coming or going from the 'ways' there. Today's offering was one of the biggest tugboats I've ever seen in here...


In the knitterly news department, I finished a brown feather-and-fan shawl for the local Threads of Compassion program, and delivered it along with one I'd finished before Christmas and two that my Knit'n'Cafe friends donated.


Speaking of Knit'n'Cafe, JANET brought in several goodies for the local Extreme Outreach project. Last year, in AUGUST, CommunityKnitters.com, my charity knitting umbrella, was contacted to knit 300 total scarves and toques for their Christmas baskets. We did it, and we'll do it again this year, but this year we're starting to knit NOW so we can spread it out over the year instead of being pressured in the fall.

I've already started another Threads of Compassion shawl (they need 8 - 10 a month here, apparently) and I started a sweater for Gibson, today, as well. Finished Clue #4 of the Secret of the Stole ... I'll take it out to play, and get pics tomorrow for sure!

Michael and I capped the evening by taking ourselves out for dinner to a restaurant I'm hoping will host the FibreFest Fashion Show for us this year. More about that in a few days!

No comments: