Friday, May 2, 2008

BUSY DAYS

Day before yesterday, the Guild meeting was at Barb's house...

It was a lovely morning ... and the view was really hard to take...

I worked on the white baby blanket I'm wanting to finish this week.
On the way home, this is what the Olympic Mountains looked like across the Juan de Fuca...

Yesterday I found some pics of Enterprise Channel (between Trial Island and Victoria) that I want to post because I've talked here about it being a navigational challenge.

Here's the Island from the lookout at Trafalgar Park:

And here you can see the water boiling through the channel at about 4 knots...

And see that reef sticking out on the right? It carries on, barely under the water, for quite a ways, so a boater going through has to kind of make a 'S' curve to avoid that reef - lots of fun on an opposing tide or when the wind's blowing!
And here's what my other favorite spot, Clover Point, looks like, from up there...

Can you tell I have no knitterly news to report? :-) I have cast on for a multi-colored vest for myself, and I'm swatching for a cardigan, but I really need to get this baby blanket in the mail first, so I'm resisting!

No comments: