Saturday, May 3, 2008

NOW IT CAN BE TOLD

Seven days ago today Michael and I and Hailey started the "7 Day Detox Miracle". The first two days are a liquid fast (water, herbal tea, and more water and herbal tea) and then you can eat fruit, veggies and rice -- along with more water and herbal tea -- for the rest of the week. There's a bit more to it, of course, but the point is ... we did it!

I think I lost a grand total of maybe four pounds, but it doesn't matter -- it feels good, and it will hopefully 'kick start' a return to healthier eating for Michael and I. We've gotten into the habit of 'picking something up at the deli' at the end of our long busy days, or just grabbing a burger somewhere, and in spite of the fact that I love to cook, I hardly ever was, anymore.

But summer days are (nearly) here, so it's easy to toss together a salad ... and I've discovered that I REALLY like green tea -- even iced green tea. Here's hoping I can maintain the discipline to continue....

In knitterly news, I got a parcel in the mail yesterday from Alana, who was part of the Cocoa Swap I participated in awhile back. Here's what I got:

Oops, I just realized I'd already tucked the three packages of yummy-looking hot chocolate away in the cupboard when I took that pic. But there was a lovely discloth, some candy - and see that delightful little round container, and round object on the left? It's a TAPE MEASURE, and check this out -- Alana MADE the cover for it! (Scroll down near the bottom of the page!)

Thanks, Alana -- it was a delightful surprise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A detox hey? Good for you!

Lovely looking package. That candy tin is too cute!

-Kate

Alana said...

I'm glad you received the package. I hope you receive(d) some others, as well! It was nice of Grace to host that swap for us.

You have a fun blog, and I've enjoyed looking at your great pictures. I have to tell you, I laughed out loud when I saw that poncho you thought was so ugly!! Oh. My. Goodness. Where WILL you wear that??? Makes me think of the Joker on a deck of playing cards!

I'll be back to check you out again!