Friday, March 13, 2009

FRIDAY AGAIN!

It's been another full week here at the Wind Walker ... Hailey was home from Whistler last weekend for a workshop and stayed until Wednesday, and then my friend Monica from Mayne Island came over for the day. Yesterday our friends Susan and Sri were here from Qualicum (and yes, the women lost at euchre AGAIN)so I haven't accomplished much this week -- in the writing department, knitting department, with the FibreFest, or on the 'home front.' This morning, if I'm lucky, I'll get some marina paperwork done, and then it's off to Knit'n'Cafe this afternoon.

A few of you commented with fond memories of the Esquimalt Lagoon. I love it there, too, but ever since we discovered Albert Head, the Lagoon has taken second place in our hearts. During July and August we do day-trip knitting cruises out to Albert Head, so if you can come along, I think you'll see why we're so enamored of it.

And I'm already looking forward to getting off the dock this year -- we've had more snow and cold spells this winter than I can remember in the 5 years we've been here.

I spent several hours yesterday wrapping up the International Scarf Exchange, which I'm now coordinating. It's a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun, too. I'll be starting another one in April, so if you want to bookmark the site, you can watch for the announcements. We accept up to 100 knitters (and crocheters) from around the world!

As my friend Grace says, 'Knit On!'

1 comment:

Grace said...

I love the package I got from Chelle it was wonderful, I have not heard if my gal ever received hers or not, she hasn't blogged or emailed since February, Oh well she isn't moaning and groaning either.

I think you did a wonderful job as coordinator. I will though be sitting the next one out and hope to take part in the one after that. Its funny how fast my to do list fills up and how little time there really is

Have a wonderful weekend, and yes indeed KNIT ON!!