Thursday, April 16, 2009

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I forgot to tell you that day before yesterday, when I took Hailey back to the ferry, I was daydreaming a bit on my way home -- until I heard a noise behind me on the freeway...

It was the sound of the motorcycle cop stopping me for speeding. So now I'm $125 poorer, and, I hope, a little wiser! (That's only the second speeding ticket I've had in my life - and I deserved both of them).

All the more reason why yesterday's 'escape' to Albert Head was so sweet. We cruised out under beautiful sunny skies and choppy water, and had this helicopter right over our heads for a moment ...

When we got to the little cove where we anchor, we weren't even alone.

But it didn't matter, because we'd left the city behind...


I had my feet up in seconds flat once the anchor was set, and worked on the navy blue mohair/silk scarf, which is nearly done.

And watched the action on shore (or rather, the lack of it...)

Those are Canada geese snoozing in the sand -- which is pretty much what Michael did, only in his lounger chair on the bridge.

This is my new favorite picture of our favorite anchorage:

The trip home was a little more eventful ... the usual south-west wind had come up to about 20 knots, so we banged around a bit on the way home -- but it was a lovely afternoon, and we can hardly wait to get out there again!

No comments: