Monday, May 17, 2010

It's been three days since my last post and I still have no knitting to show you. What's wrong with that picture?

Friday was lovely -- a nice turn-out at Knit'n'Cafe, and before it ended, Julie and Monica had arrived. We went to Fisherman's Wharf for supper (and did I take a picture??) and got back to the Wind Walker just in time to watch the live feed from Australia of Jesssica Watson's homecoming! When the Aussie Prime Minister called her a hero, here's how she responded.. "I don't consider myself a hero. I'm an ordinary girl who believed in her dream. You don't have to be someone special to achieve something amazing. You've just got to have a dream, believe in it and work hard." Wow, pretty amazing words from a 16-year-old!

Yesterday morning we were awakened at 7:30 or so with a very loud helicopter right over the marina ...

... and then later, found the story here.

Our friend Chuck from Bellingham came for a visit in the afternoon, and we found ourselves in the dinghy headed for Fisherman's Wharf again (his treat this time!)...

We got burgers and went to anchor at our favorite West Bay spot just in time to watch one of the first cruise ships of the season come in:

It dwarfed the 'boat that carries boats' that I'd gotten a picture of earlier ...

On the way home we caught a glimpse of Seattle's MV Lestralaur in the harbour, but I didn't get a decent picture of it.

Back to work today -- but maybe, just maybe I'll get a little knitting time in and have something to show for it soon!

No comments: