Friday, May 14, 2010

A YARNY DAY

Finally!

Have you noticed the distinct lack of knitting content lately?

Me too.

I still have my 50th pair of socks on the needles - yes, that would be the ones I cast on in FEBRUARY during the Olympics. To their credit, they ARE almost done -- but there they are, still on the needles.

And then there's the blue sweater. After looking at it long and hard and not being able to see past all the little errors, tension differences, etc., I ripped it all back -- I mean, it's a rib pattern, so every little thing shows, in my opinion. So now it's about half done ... again. Of course, I'm already seeing some of those same flaws again -- but no more ripping. (I swear, and yes, if I get the urge, I'll call you, Esther)!

FibreFest planning is in full swing, of course -- it's less than 6 weeks away now, and there's always a million details from here on in. So it was SO nice yesterday to drive out to Metchosin yesterday to join the Thursday spinners....


I'm still a spinning imposter, but they let me knit there. :-)

Besides, Audra brought some yarn that she spun and died from the raw fleece I gave away in March ...

... and I got to take my pick of it! Four more skeins of various shades of blue and green (surprise!) have been added to my stash.

And today is Knit'n'Cafe, so I get to play two days in a row! And this evening my sister and my friend Monica from Mayne are spending the night to attend a course tomorrow here in Victoria, so I'm looking forward to that -- life is good. :)

1 comment:

SpinMeAYarn said...

what a lovely title, A yarny day....
I really like the blue wool that's being spun on the spinning wheel, and what good luck you had to get some of that yummy green and blue yarn...
i'd love a yarny day like that!
regrads
liz