Thursday, December 16, 2010

BUSY TIMES

As I'm sure it is for most of us, it's a busy time!

We had a lovely drive up-Island to have lunch with Julie day before yesterday ... except for the snowing at the top of the Malahat. Well, Michael liked it, I didn't! Driving back from Ladysmith we could tell that it still looked pretty gloomy at the summit, and then saw one of the Highways signs, and it said, "MALAHAT .... SLUSHY AND SLIPPERY" ... and since it was also almost dusk, we opted for the 'World's most beautiful shortcut' and took the Brentwood ferry instead!




I had to be back in time for the Victoria Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild Christmas potluck, which was also lovely! Everyone brings their own place settings ...



... and we had an amazing variety of food:



The Guild had also issued a challenge to create tea cozies, and several people responded, so they drew names and exchanged their cozies last night -- some very clever and artistic ideas, that's for sure!



The evening finished off with a white elephant sale, which meant that (even though a few folks went home with fibre that the previous owner hadn't wanted) there were lots of laughs!

I spent yesterday running errands and shopping with Mischa, and today .... I think I'll go be a spinning imposter at Wendy's house. I *do* have knitting to do....  :)

No comments: