Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HAPPY SPRING!
There's an old line that goes ... "If you don't like the weather around here, just wait ten minutes." That's what Salt Spring Island has been like for several days now. We've run the gammut from sunny and warm to snow to ....
... hail the size of peas!

I spent yesterday, before and after the Ganges knitting circle, going around Ganges and meeting several of the Welcome Wagon merchant sponsors, and I'll be doing the same thing this morning - then I have my first official visit to a newcomer on my own this afternoon. I'm stoked!

And never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would be knitting doll clothes ... or that I'd have fun doing it! But I am...
I finished this little brown top-down sweater and an identical green one, and then started playing with a design for a dress:
I had a small skein of this lavendar-colored wool that worked out perfectly. Now I'm designing a pair of bib overalls (in denim blue, of course) for her little friend!
:)

1 comment:

pussman and co said...

Hi, where can I find the pattern for that top down cardigan?