Monday, January 14, 2013

HAPPY MONDAY!

Yesterday, since we can't get away to celebrate our anniversary until February, we decided to just spend the day together and go on a little Salt Spring Island 'road trip.' I've gotten to know lots of little beach access roads and out-of-the-way funky places here, but Michael hasn't seen a lot of them. So we 'circumnavigated' Salt Spring for the day!

Here's a link to a little movie I took of watching the stream at Southey Point...

And here's some of the view ... looking northwest up Trincomali Channel...
 ... and west toward Vancouver Island...

And check out this rock formation... I say it looks like a giant petrified fish!
It was a lovely drive and a lovely day... topped off by seeing this on our way home:
At first glance I thought someone had wrapped colored electrical tape around the sign pole, so I got a little closer...

How cute is that? Sign cozies! :-)

I meant to show you this lap blanket last week ... it still has to be blocked, but it's bigger than it looks -- about 40" in diameter:
This gorgeous wool was some loose dyed fleece that I bought at a fibre event a few years ago, when I was still going to learn to spin. I finally turned it over to my Metchosin fibre buddies, and they did their magic and turned it into yarn for me! It's primarily a light greeny color with hints of fuschia in it, and it's really pretty.

Back to work today...
*






No comments: