Saturday, January 12, 2013

Yeah, I know, so much for that 'resolve' I had! But I had to share that today's a pretty special day for us... 35 years ago today I met this gorgeous guy -- at a bar -- and took him home. He's still here! Who'd-a thunk it? Not us! We were just a couple of messed-up drunks back then ... it's amazing what one-day-at-a-time sober living can do. He's still gorgeous to me, and we're still having fun! We're hoping to get away for a weekend in February, when it's also his birthday...

The weather has been very cold (for here, that means just below the freezing point!) so I've been spending as much time as possible in front of our little fireplace with my knitting. I've finished a 'Pi' lap blanket for our loveseat and I'm working on an afghan as a favor for a friend of my sister's. And, of course, there's another shawl on the needles. Life is good!
*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 35 great years!

Beverley J said...

congrats you two!!! many many more!

Louisa said...

Happy Anniversary! The good ones are worth hanging onto. ;)