Thursday, November 11, 2010

MICHELLE WRIGHT: We were WOWED

Unbelievable, the whole event. I didn't mention the other day that the reason we bought the tickets was to celebrate Michael's 32-years-of-sobriety birthday day before yesterday.

First of all, it was held in the Victoria Conservatory of Music's Alix Goolden Hall, which I'd never been to before. Here's a bit of the history, and more here; Jason tells me that the pipe organ is the biggest in Canada, apparently.

 It was billed as an 'acoustic evening with Michelle Wright, so there was only her lead guitar player and piano player ... very close, very intimate, and we got FRONT ROW SEATS - we were less than 6' away from the front of the stage!!

See that poppy? Well, it fell off of her lapel at some point, and Michael got up, picked it up and passed it back to her -- she KISSED him on his forehead! The woman sitting next to me got a video of the whole thing (I didn't recover in time, it all happened so fast!), and as soon as she emails it to me, I'll post it here.

I got a video of a song she did, but for some reason I'm having trouble uploading it here. It was amazing, though .... at some point, Michelle mentioned that she had a special guest in the audience, a special Olympian dancer who had performed with her years ago in Toronto during the Winter Games there. She invited him up on stage to just hang out with her during the song, and invited him to dance if he wanted to. He did, and it moved most of the audience to tears, and then got him a standing ovation. If I can figure it out, I'll get it uploaded here, too! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Michael! That's a pretty awesome accomplishment! Glad you enjoyed the concert and I'm sure it was made more special and memorable by that kiss.