Thursday, November 25, 2010

We woke up to a blanket of about 3-4" of snow this morning and it's still coming down -- although it has warmed up and Environment Canada swears it'll be rain and slush by noon.

Meanwhile, back to the Gratitude Challenge -- I missed my task yesterday because I was out-and-about most of the day, but I've completed it this morning. The task was:

Take a few minutes to call someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Tell them how much you appreciate them.


Well, I called Rosalie, who is hosting the Thursday spinning group today. Rosalie is a sweetie -- she's one of the kindest women I know. I've almost quit going to that group several times now (partly because I'm a spinning imposter, but that's not the only reason). Wendy M (whom I already put on my gratitude word list the other day) and Rosalie make the group what it is, so I told Rosalie today that I'm glad she's in my life.

Come to think of it, I want to tell you ALL -- if you're in my life, in any way, I appreciate you!

Now, today's gratitude challenge was this:
Take a picture of one thing, person, place or specific moment that makes you feel grateful. Share it with your social network.
Since I don't do Facebook and I don't twitter (or tweet or whatever that silly thing is), you're my 'social network.' Or at least you're the online one!

Anyway, the picture that immediately came to mind when I read that was this one:
Unfortunately it's not mine -- someone sent it to me a few year's ago, and I've tried to find the photographer to credit him/her, but had no luck so far. But it IS one of my all-time favorite photos, and shows the Inner Harbour here beautifully. (Our marina is just beyond the one you can barely see behind and to the right of the blue bridge in the photo, and remember that you can click on the photo to see it bigger).

Anyway, I'm SO grateful that I get to live here in Victoria, and on Vancouver Island!

No comments: