Monday, June 1, 2009

13 DAYS

I'm 13 days from the opening event of the VictoriaFibreFest, which means I have to 'hit the decks running' this morning ... so I took a bit of time to play on the weekend, since I may not have another chance until June 22nd!

I watched one of our local tall ships, the Pacific Swift, off Clover Point...

I also watched and listened to these three young women playing their ukeleles...

... and it turned out that they were part of a much bigger group...

... the Langley Ukelele Ensemble, who were here on the Island to perform several concerts around town, and to ham it up at Clover Point, apparently!

I hung out with Penny and Robin, who love Clover Point as much as I do, and brought their own dinner.

On Sunday I went with Wendy Mitchell to the Island Chefs Collaborative event, 'Defending Our Back Yard', to display the Seas of Change project and to promote the FibreFest ...


We also spun and knitted and schmoozed, and had a lovely day out in the sun at Fort Rodd Hill -- I came home exhausted last night!

I did, however, finish a 'Two day afghan' for Michael's chair. You see, we have a navy blue love seat, over which I sometimes drape a lovely green shawl sent to me by Grace last year.

And then Michael found this great recliner chair in almost the identical pale green of the shawl -- so I decided it needed a navy blue shawl to match.

I used a double strand of cotton boucle on size 12 mm needles ... that was easy. :-)

Gotta fly... have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Grace said...

i give you mad props for knitting with boucle double stranded, it deives me nuts single stranded!!! But its beautiful afghan you made there!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo of the ship! I think I heard the Langley ukelele ensemble on the Vinyl Cafe one time.