Friday, August 7, 2009

SUSAN

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers for my friend Susan, first of all. I'm happy to report that Susan came through the surgery very well (it took 4 hours!!) and was doing so well they moved her out of ICU only 24 hours later. She appears to have all her faculties including a sense of humor ... I sent Sri with a pair of wool socks I'd made her for this coming Christmas, and her response was "Oh, sure, I have to have a brain aneurysm to get a pair of Marilyn's knit socks!"

She still has a long road of recovery ahead, and we haven't been able to see her yet, but the news so far is just about the best possible scenario, and her family is immensely relieved. Even though she *can* have visitors now, Sri has asked us to wait a few days because she's exhausted still -- it's all she can do to see Sri, her Mom and her (adult) kids.

That's good, because her prayer shawl will be done by Monday ...

It's baby alpaca bulky weight in a much darker, richer purple than it looks here, and I'm using 6 mm needles, so I'm almost half done -- and it is thick and cozy, exactly what I hoped for! Top down with an eyelet row thrown in every 4" for a little variety.

Today I'll go to Knit'n'Cafe to b-r-e-a-t-h-e and then this evening or tomorrow morning Michael and I will cruise out to Albert Head until Monday to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, which is on Sunday. Simple, cost-effective, and we love it there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay. yay yay yay. Yay.

-kate

Grace said...

Oh I am so glad she is doing well, what a relief for you