Monday, August 17, 2009

It's been a full and busy weekend, for which I am grateful!

On Saturday, our friends Robin and Penny joined us for a day trip on the Wind Walker out to ... of course! ... Albert Head. For some reason, I never thought to take pictures of the two of them, but we did see the dragon boat festival getting underway...


Correction, I do have one picture -- Michael and Robin went for a little spin in the inflatable so that Penny and I could knit in peace. :)

And we watched an amazing jellyfish swim by the boat -- this thing was about a foot wide...

It was a perfect day with lovely friends under (mostly) sunny skies!

Yesterday my friend Georgianna flew in from Whitehorse to attend a course here at UVic. I was already intending to go to the Breast Cancer Race and ceremony at the Dragon Boat event, and Georgie is a survivor, so I was really glad she arrived just in time to go with me. After the carnation event we just came back here and hung out on the bridge (the boat bridge, that is -- it's my 'sundeck') until time to go for a dinghy picnic supper. Again, I never thought to take pictures.(Hopefully Penny and Georgie will email me the ones they took!)

Georgie will be here all week and we have various evening plans, and Monica comes from Mayne on Wednesday, so today I *must* get some work done. Happy Monday!

No comments: