Monday, July 5, 2010

CELEBRATIONS

Had a lovely time up-island at the wedding (scroll down for more on that story, and photos) -- unfortunately I picked up a bug, and started feeling sick on the way home -- never got out of my jammies yesterday, and may not today, either. Yuck! However, that has given me time to notice that TODAY is my BLOGOVERSARY, and I promised a contest to celebrate that and my 50th pair of knitted socks, didn't I? So, here it is -- to enter my blogoversary contest:

1. Post the contest on your blog with a clickable link to this post, and invite folks to come on over and enter. That gets you one entry into the draw.

2. Post a comment on my blog letting me know that you're 'in' and giving me a clickable link to YOUR blog post about it. That gets you another entry.

3. Every person who does the same two steps, but adds that YOU sent them gets you another entry in to the draw.

4. Answer these simple questions (which can be found in the contents of my blog without looking very hard, and you can email the answers to skipper at mvwindwalker dot com):
- what are my grown children's names?
- what are my grandchildren's names?
- what does my house look like?
- what do I do for a living?
- which blogoversary is this (in other words, how long have I been blogging?)
- where's my favorite 'get-away'?
Correct answers to four of the six questions gets you THREE entries into the draw.

The contest ends on July 16th at 6 pm PST, and one name will be drawn randomly sometime on the weekend of July 17th-18th. The winner will receive a gift basket of goodies (fibery goodies if the winner identifies as a fibre person; other goodies if not) valued at approximately $50!

Now, back to the wedding...

Dave and Vicky's wedding in Parksville was absolutely 'fairy-tale' -- the weather was perfect, the setting exquisite and the bride and groom absolutely adorable.



Dave has been our son Jason's closest friend since high school, almost 20 years ago -- Jason, just to the right of the groom, was the best man.

Here comes the bride...



The happy couple after signing the register...

Presenting Mr. and Mrs...



For this old wedding cynic, it was a picture-perfect day, ending with a spectacular sunset over Parksville Bay:

We spent the night at Julie's and then went to Dave and Vicky's open house/gift opening in Nanaimo on the way home ... where they unwrapped, among many other gifts, the blanket I literally finished in the car on the way up to the wedding!


I'm going back to bed now....

No comments: