Monday, July 19, 2010

NOT HAVING FUN

But before I start whining about that, someone I know and love has a BIRTHDAY today!

Our Hailey is 33 years young today -- that picture is her dipping her toes in the Mediterranean Sea in the south of France a month or so ago. We don't get to see her nearly as often as we'd like, but she's carved out a lovely life for herself as a professional organizer in Whistler -- and she's smart, fun, funny and thoughtful, too. Have a happy, happy birthday, Hail -- see you later this week, I hope!

Last Thursday(has it been THAT long since I posted??) I mentioned that I had an appointment. That appointment was with a dentist, and little did I know that I would end up having five extractions that day, four of which required dental surgery! On top of the cold I still had, that would have been bad enough to cause me some discomfort for a few days -- and I'll spare you the worst details -- but by Saturday morning I knew things were not healing up the way they should, and now I'm on yet another course of antibiotics and eating anti-inflammatories as often as I'm allowed!

I've been out of the boat maybe twice since then -- lots of sleeping, knitting, resting, sleeping, knitting, going on here. (You notice I didn't say 'eating?' That would be because that activity is pretty limited -- good thing I like cold smoothies...)

Okay, enough of this whining. I have knitting projects to show you!

This be-ribboned hat was a test knit for a designer on Ravelry, and I had Charlotte and Renate model it for me at Knit'n'Cafe on Friday:


Can't say much more about that until the pattern is published, but it was a quick, fun knit.

I also finished the scarflette (hmmm, is that a word?) ...

... and a hat for charity:

And last night, I cast on for a new Moebius cowl -- I'd forgotten how to do the cast on, so it's a good thing Cat Bordhi gifted it to the world last year in the form of this YouTube video!

Today, now that I know I'm going to live , we might go for a little cruise out and about -- so if you don't hear from me again until Wednesday, it means we found somewhere lovely to anchor for an over-night!

No comments: