Thursday, July 15, 2010

ON THE MEND

I must be feeling a bit better ... I have three projects on the needles again!

Here's a better pic of the lace 'scarflet' ...

I love it. It's an easy 12-row repeat, but looks like I've been messing with cables on every row!

I also cast on a new pair of socks FINALLY. I seem to have, in my possession, an abundance of leftover self-patterning sock yarn, and about 8 skeins of plain black -- so the next series of socks I make will be black with self-patterning cuffs, heels and toes. Great way to use up the stash!

Yesterday -- instead of going out to Wendy's, where they washed and played with raw wool:

... and admired her 5' high flax field in flower (yes, I did that on purpose :))...

(Thanks for the pics, Wendy, I *knew* I should have made the effort to get out there!)

Instead, I managed to drag myself out of the boat long enough to run one errand, and go to Clover Point for an hour. On the way up the ramp, I was entertained by this little guy fishing in the low tide:



This morning I need to drag myself out again for an appointment, but otherwise still don't expect to accomplish much!

No comments: