Monday, July 11, 2011

ANOTHER PICTORIAL

Michael took his first swim in Fulford Harbour the other day ...
He says it's much warmer than the Juan de Fuca Strait was! He's pretty happy here (and I'm relieved about that....)
It was a busy weekend here -- lots to see! These two folks had at least five kids each in these canoes...

(As a mother, all I could think was how soon one of them will say, "I have to go pee....")

Speaking of mothers...
This young couple in our marina acquired this old wooden boat recently (apparently built by the 'Best' family here on Salt Spring), and this was their first outing in it....
And speaking of pretty old wooden boats, I spotted this one coming in to the government dock yesterday...
I also caught this rainbow just as the ferry was about to glide 'through' it (or so it seemed)!
This weekend the owner of this property was here with his wife and daughter, and they had a 'flag-raising' -- the second flag is Germany, which is where his wife is from, and where they met...
It was fun to watch from dockside!

We have the boys for a few days so we picnicked at Drummond Park again last night and I'm not sure what we'll get up to today. I probably won't get much knitting done, but I finished a pair of socks day before yesterday:
.. and I have another one on the needles, my first personal sock pattern design (complete with beads):
More about that when I see how it goes..... :-)

That's the Fulford report for the day!

No comments: