Monday, October 17, 2011

MUCH ADO ABOUT ... LOTS OF STUFF

But before I get into that ...

I want to thank all of you, once again, for all the thoughts and prayers and comments and positive energy sent this way. I think you're all WONDERFUL; you've sustained me (yes, even if I don't know you!) through so much this last 6 months, and I just want you to know how much I appreciate that. Blogs are a great thing, in the sense that I can 'journal' (which helps me, especially when things are tough), but then I also know that there's real live human beings 'out there' who care about me, some 'known', some not - and that means a lot to me.

It also means a lot to me to have such a supportive family ... they all are, but especially Michael! A few of you have commented on how 'strong' I am ... and I sure don't feel strong. I feel whiny and negative and needy a lot of the time since this accident. What many of you don't know about me (because I don't talk about this) is that needing help in my daily life is something that makes me crazy -- I'm extremely independent, usually, and having to adjust to having Michael (or anyone) 'do' for me is almost a harder struggle than just the pain and discomfort of the burn itself.
Anyone who's met Michael already knows what a sweetie he is .... he's had to put up with me being incapacitated for the past 3 weeks (which has required a LOT of 'doing' for me, AND dealing with my aversion to that at the same time), and I just wanted to publicly acknowledge him here! He gets the big gold star in my books. :-)

On a completely different subject, we get our eggs from a local organic farmer named Carol (who is also a real sweetie, and if you live on SSI, you can support the project she's part of here). I just have to show you the welcoming committee when you pull into their farm (how many goats can *you* count)?
Just as if they're posing for us ... how adorable is that?

Much knitting continues ... socks for Gibson for Christmas:
... and I have yet another pair on the needles for him. And some for me, too, looking forward to the day when I can actually put socks on again!
And the REALLY good news is that I've just landed a pretty nice commission ... to hand knit up to EIGHT shawls and/or cowls between now and 'spring', for a professional woman who is providing all the yarn (and willing to cover any other expenses) and paying me, too -- in real money, and in gorgeous Australian merino yarns! Guess it's a good thing I still have a lot of down-time ahead, huh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off congrats on the commission, that's wonderful!

I saw five goats, although the one on the platform lying down almost got past me :)

Esther V. said...

YOU are amazing, Marilyn! you too, Michael. I also counted five goats..sneaky one hiding behind the others.
Maybe we can go and visit Carol when I come over...
LOVE Gibson's socks...very good job.
Plumber coming at 1:30pm..so that means no knitting at Koffi...oh well..get more knitting done at home!!
WOW to your shawl knitting job! your favourite thing to knit too. wtg. What colours did she send you?
take care of yourself...

Julie said...

Wonderful shawl knitting commission, WTG! Just what you needed at the right time!
I agree with the "5 goats" call.

Grace said...

I am so happy for you and the commission, how did you get the word out you are available to do that, that is exactly the kind of work I would love to get into, and then maybe I would feel more productive and less of a burden

Keep taking care of those feet!!! Hugs

Medelweiss said...

Congrats on your commission. Might as well make some money with your talent! Keep healing!