Monday, April 30, 2012

SO MUCH FOR MY PLANS....

... to participate in Knit and Crochet Blog Week! What a flake ...  :)

It's been a busy time .... I'm 'settling in' to this Welcome Wagon thing, and it's definitely keeping me out of trouble! It could be pretty much full time if I wanted it to be ... which I don't, but I'm enjoying building it up from what it was even when I started.

And other than the standard pair of socks on the needles, I *have* been monogamous, working only on the Lighthouse Shawl. I've modified the pattern a bit because I have tons of yarn and I want it to be quite large ... it's at least a 40" diameter now, so what you can see in this photo will probably translate to about two feet, blocked:
I've done 3 repeats of the 'waves' pattern with my gorgeous sparkly variegated merino, and now gone back to the pale blue baby alpaca lace for a bit -- not sure what I'll add to it next, I'm just winging it for a bit, and then I'll go back to 3 more repeats of the waves before I decide what to do for edging. I'm at 600 stitches now so it's a LOT of knitting!

Off to Ganges to run several errands, and then knitting at Barb's Buns this afternoon! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sparkly merino waves, how cool is that!