Saturday, April 26, 2008

FRIDAY

Yesterday Joan Schrouder and her students joined us for Knit'n'Cafe, so it was a pretty rousing afternoon! I didn't get any pics but a few others did, and I'll see if I can get my hands on them to post here.

They're off to 'Knit Through the Rockies' today, and even though it was a blast hanging out with them the last few days, I'm also glad to get back to my routine -- which, this weekend, needs to include updating the Victoria FibreFest website (less than two months to go!), and going to the big Boat Show on in the harbour today and tomorrow.

Late yesterday afternoon I was down at Clover Point 'unwinding' from the day, and spotted a whale-watching boat about a mile off-shore. Sure enough, there were orca! Probably about 6 or 7 of them (transients, I'm pretty sure, as opposed to local resident orca), traveling slowly in circles from west to east -- they were too far away to get decent pictures of, unfortunately, and they soon disappeared into the mist off the south end of Trial Island. What a treat on a beautiful spring day!

(This image is from an old file of photos I had from years ago, not from yesterday -- but the biggest fin sure looked the same out there on the horizon!)

I'll leave you with a lovely picture I took yesterday morning of this tug and barge full of equipment about to go into Enterprise Channel (click on it to 'embiggen,' as the Yarn Harlot says!)