Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"TAGGED"

I was tagged by Grace from Lovin Comfort Knits to do a "meme".

What on earth is a 'meme?', you ask? Well, I asked, too, a few weeks ago when I saw the term for the first time... and here's what I found:

"A meme is an idea, or a particular way of thinking about what an idea is. A meme is a unit of mental information in the same way that a gene is a unit of biological information -- a metaphor of an idea as a transposon, a pattern of thought as a virus, a knowledge structure as a chromosome. Memes compete to spread their information though a social population in the same ways genes compete to spread their information content through a biological population."

Hmmm... well.... ok, but my idea of a meme is that they're kind of fun.

Here are the rules:

1.When tagged, place the name and URL on your blog.
(Just did that).

2.Post rules on your blog.
(That's what you're reading right now).

3.Write 7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.

- I play guitar and sing (and have written) songs.
- I chew my fingernails.
- I hate cooked spinach. And scrambled eggs.
- I love road trips with Michael.
- I will never, EVER, take a sip from someone else's water bottle or cup of tea, or sample a bite from someone else's fork. (It's my contribution to germophobia, what can I say?)
- I'm a magazine fanatic. I have almost as many magazines as I have skeins of yarn.
- When my foot is on the gas pedal, it's really only my toes - I watched my mother drive like that for years, and didn't even realize I'd adopted that position until recently.

4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.

The Nautical Knitter
Lovin Comfort Knits (Grace's blog, as above!)
'Rocks, Waves, Beach'
Homefree
The 'Guernsey Gal'
Cass
The Sailing Knitter

5.Send an email comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.

I'll do that as soon as I'm done posting this!

And since this post doesn't include any knitterly news so far (sigh... still working on the blue Elite shawl and the River Rock scarf) or nice local scenery pictures, I'll leave you with this view ... until next time!

2 comments:

Nautical Knitter said...

Ohh, you nut you.... I have successfully avoided being "tagged" for several years now. Oh well, you got me this time. LOL, Cheers!

Grace said...

thank you for taking part!!!!