Saturday, June 14, 2008

CATCHING UP

... with you after several days away from blogging!

The time is flying by now until the FibreFest, with lots of little details to look after, so I may post only sporadically until after next weekend. But I have to tell you about my Wednesday adventure ...

One of the Guild members had a potluck lunch in her home an hour's drive away, and I had to go here, which was nearby -- so I dropped the gals who rode along with me at the potluck, and headed off into the countryside in search of Bella Cria. I realized that I hadn't had any breakfast so I stopped at a little country grocery store to get a muffin, and when I walked in I saw this...

And this...

And this...

Clearly, this was no ordinary country store! :-)

I lightened that basket by a few little skeins, and then my eyes fell on this...

I know the picture isn't great, but she's a needle-felted mermaid, complete with beads in her seaweed hair -- isn't that a perfect 'kitchen witch' for a fibre fan who lives on a boat??

I thought so too...

And I did manage to make it down to Clover Point yesterday after our regular Friday Knit'n'Cafe, and it was beautifully windy!



In knitterly news, Harbour Lights Too had a bit of a setback earlier in the week (I only had to rip back six rows ....groan) but is back on track now, and I'm still hopeful I'll be wearing it for the Fashion Show on Friday night.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Oh my god I love those little dolls, they are just too cool!!!