Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NOW IT CAN BE TOLD...

I was an 'angel' (that's someone who will step in when someone else's partner flakes out) in the International Scarf Exchange VI, and got a parcel sent off to my 'secret partner' in the UK. She's got her parcel now, so I can show you what I sent...

The scarf was a New Zealand wool and I knit a simple lace pattern so it wouldn't take too long, but be nice to look at!

And Barbara-Kay, the winner of my Blogiversary contest, got her package, today, too...

But I like her description of it better than mine would be ... (by the way, Barbara, that black lace-weight was spun here on Vancouver Island, too!) .... check out Barbara-Kay's blog here in case you missed it in the comments ....

And here's a picture I took at Clover Point yesterday, just in case you think all I ever notice is water and boats.... :)

This is Ruby, and she's six years old, and she was really mad when she found out I'd taken her picture! (I know because I chatted with her Mom and grandparents to get their permission to publish it -- granted -- but Ruby was not impressed that someone got away with taking her picture!)

I've met my writing/editing deadline, so I'll be back to regular posting (and knitting!) now ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased the black lace weight was spun on Vancouver Island. We took an Alaskan Inside Passage cruise for our 25th anniversary. Vancouver has held a warm spot in our hearts ever since.

Oh, and I had a silver frame that just fit your Snowy Mountains note card. It sits on my studio shelf beside the apothecary jars of sock yarn remainder balls.

Grace said...

Ruby looks so much like my 6 year old granddaughter Gwen, who I miss very much, thanks for sharing the picture even if she wasn't happy!!! Love the other picturess too!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy yarn. I spent the afternoon in a yarn store sale, and yet could still look at more yarn with longing.

Sigh.

-kate