Thursday, November 27, 2008

I DON'T THINK SO...

So at 5:00 a.m., with no coffee in my system yet, I decided it would be a great idea to knit my grandson River a pair of Argyle socks. He LOVES black, red and gray together, and I found an easy chart, and Christmas is coming... so, yeah, it was a great idea.

Half an hour later, I had a half-inch black cuff to fit an almost-ten-year-old. An hour later, I had the beginnings of an argyle pattern, which was totally fun to knit... once again, excuse the 6 a.m. picture...

The problem?

With all that stranding, and lousy tension on my part, apparently, the sock that started out fitting an almost-ten-year-old now looks and feels like it *might* fit his two-year-old brother. And how on earth would you get your toenails past all those strands without snagging them constantly?

I don't think so.....

PS. ... Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers and friends south of the border!

1 comment:

Esther V. said...

forget the sock...where is your baking???? lol