Friday, November 28, 2008

NOT GOING TO WHISTLER :-(

For the past few weeks, I've been planning to leave for Whistler this morning, to celebrate my birthday with Hailey.

So day before yesterday Michael took the van in to be inspected for the trip ... and we've spent almost $700 in the past two days to make it safe to drive on the highway.

Which means I can't afford to go to Whistler now.

Michael wanted to rent me a car but I can't justify spending that kind of money just to go play -- and then the kids offered to pitch in (maybe I should wonder why they all want me out of town this weekend?) to the car rental, but I suggested they could pitch in for the van repairs instead!

So here I stay. Which means I'll get to go to Knit'n'Cafe this afternoon, so that's nice -- and then I promised myself I'd sit around and knit a lot this weekend, which is what I would have been doing on the ferry, and in Whistler, too. And I have a $50 gift certificate for a really nice local restaurant, so that takes care of dinner.

I'm really disappointed, though ... I was so looking forward to going! Besides getting to spend time with my daughter (who promised to wine-and-dine me in style... without the wine), the Whistler Christmas craft fair is on this weekend, and I would have got to meet Ruth Stewart, too.

'Life on life's terms' is a b____ some days, isn't it?

Okay, I'm done whining now , back to my knitting... :-)

4 comments:

Monica said...

When's your birthday? Is it today? Happy Birthday, Marilyn.

Anonymous said...

Warmest wishes for a happy birthday! May you find joy wherever you find yourself!

Grace said...

Have a happy birthday tomorrow and know I am thinking about you!!

Nicola said...

Hi Skipper, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'll be keeping track of yours too.