Saturday, November 1, 2008

IT'S NOVEMBER ALREADY!

We got back from up-Island about an hour ago, and I would have waited until tomorrow morning to post, but I just remembered that I signed up for National Blog Posting Month, and today is DAY ONE. Sez the website:

National Blog Posting Month is the 'epicenter of daily blogging'! People who want to set the habit of blogging by doing it every day for a month, including weekends, can come here for moral support, inspiration, and the camaraderie that only marathon blogging can provide.

I would've looked a little foolish if I jammed out on the first day, now, wouldn't I?

So ... for any guests who are cruising blogs today, and are here for the first time, welcome! Feel free to check out the archives on the right if you want to know more! (Or I'll just tell you right now that my blog is about living on a boat in Victoria, BC with my hubby Michael; my knitting and other fibre-related projects; the grandkids; and whatever else comes up)!

Now, for the rest of you 'regular' folks.... ...

Had a great time in Qualicum, as always, even though we (Susan and I) got trounced in our euchre games yet again . We made a few pit stops on the way home, but the main one for me was Michael's Craft Store, where they had Paton's Kroy on sale, 2 balls for $7. So the sock stash is a little fatter than it was yesterday.... :-)

Speaking of socks, I'm SO NEARLY FINISHED the interminable black socks that I could kiss them, AND I cast on for the front of the purple sweater. But that's it -- I HAVE to start my Christmas knitting now, and stop knitting for me. Honest.

There's a gale warning for the Strait tonight -- it could blow up to 35 knots here. So much for all those gorgeous fall colors!

7 comments:

mehitabel said...

I guess us nutty knit-bloggers will just have to egg each other on to do our post every day, huh? Well, we're off to a good start.

Day One, done!

Esther V. said...

As I was leaving Tillicum Shopping Centre around 4pm yesterday, the winds DID come up and I sat in the car and watched the trees being stripped of the last of their fall colours..so sad! The air was warm so I got out of the car and stood for awhile and 'smelled/enjoyed the colours of the last signs of Fall'...winter weather has arrived for Victoria.
I'm glad you are going to be blogging on the weekends too!

Anonymous said...

So, how sheltered is your boat slip? Will you be facing a rock-and-roll night?

There should be a medal for completing large black socks!

Zenzele said...

Hey, fellow knitter! Good luck with NaBloPoMo, and I can't wait to hear about your life afloat.

Andy Baker said...

Hey there. I got followed the link from Lou's blog. (I'm another knitting blogger.) Good luck this month. I'll check back in to see how you're doing.

Anonymous said...

I do hate it when the autumn storms blow through and take all the leaves off the trees. I think it's a shame more people don't play euchre - I can't find people to play it with me! Good luck with NaBloPoMo

Melissa said...

Thanks for the encouragement and best wishes on the NaBloPoMo yourself!