Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A NEW DAWN and all that .... :-)

For the record .... I'm not one of those Canadians who believes that we've 'sold out' to the U.S, or that our government is just a 'puppet' to the U.S. president's wishes. Maybe I'm just naive....

But I *am* one of those Canadians -- and there were, no doubt, millions -- who was glued to the television last night watching an historic moment, and being pretty excited about what was unfolding on the screen.

I'll even admit that I got teared up, too, when the camera showed Jesse Jackson, and then Oprah, in the victory party audience in Chicago ... crying. What an amazing, amazing time it must be for millions of African-Americans ... and for all Americans.

And, naive or not, I went to sleep last night feeling a little more peaceful, a little safer in an increasingly unsafe world. I completely agree with Jackson, who said Obama "will make America a better nation ... and make the world more secure."

Sitting barely on the other side of the longest unprotected border in the world, I like that idea.

And that's probably the most political you'll ever hear me on this blog.

On the other hand, I have socks...

Lorna's Laces, 'camoflage' colorway, a perfect stocking stuffer for a certain almost-ten-year-old 'cool dude' grandson I know and love.

And I'll probably have enough yarn left over for a smaller pair for his little brother! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said and beautiful socks!