Friday, February 13, 2009


I was talking to Shelley, owner of Fun Knits Yarn Shop on Quadra Island, the other day, and she tells me that her Spring Knitting/Spinning Retreat is in danger of being canceled if more folks don't register soon.

That smarts, 'cuz I really need a retreat in April. It's my last chance for a break before the final FibreFest planning, and besides, I didn't get to go on one in January or February -- both the retreats I planned had to be canceled because there weren't enough registrations. And the biggest reason is because I've been to a few of Shelley's retreats, and they're WONDERFUL!

So if you've been thinking about going to Quadra Island in April, or just can't decide, or you even intend to go but haven't put your cheque in the mail yet -- please do it now! I know that, in the past, Shelley has even accepted just a deposit with the registration and the balance later, and if that would make the difference for you, call or email her and ask about that. Join me at the Fun Knits retreat -- you'll be glad you did!

Meanwhile, I've gotten bit by the nastiest flu bug I've had for years. I've been pretty much sleeping or in the bathroom for the last 48 hours, and it doesn't appear to be letting up yet. Not even enough energy to knit -- I've accomplished about half an inch on each of the pair of socks I've got on the needles, and that's it. Today is Knit'n'Cafe, and I don't think I'll be able to go.

I'm going back to bed right now, and I'll see how I feel later. Sure would be nice to get out for the first time in 3 days!


Anonymous said...

I think tomorrow is the funknits sale too. I hope you're feeling better soon!
Kent and i are looking at going to the retreat.

Anonymous said...

What a shame, flu just in time for the weekend. Get well soon, and happy knitting then!