Thursday, April 22, 2010

IT'S REALLY SPRING!

The last few days have been busy ones here, for both of us. First of all, Michael got a contract to do some work on the roof of the Value Village building just above our marina -- I wasn't sure if I wanted to go up there to check it out, but (my mother used to say...) "curiosity killed the cat."

So it looks pretty much like you'd imagine a roof would look (imagine that!), but it was fun to take a picture of our marina from up there:

I've been working. Paid work, and Victoria FibreFest stuff -- I'll have a few major announcements to make about that in the next day or two, so if you're not already on my 'updates' mailing list, you can sign up at the website!

It's SO spring here in Victoria... inside ...

... and out...

This is a LARGE patch of grass, and it's all over the city right now from the blossoms blowing off the trees!

We went for a drive to Clover Point last night, mainly because I wanted to take a new photo of it for my new cell phone -- I lost my dinosaur-of-a-cell-phone the other day, and (whadda shame) had to get a new one.

Sometimes it's fun to check out where these tankers and freighters have come from and what they're carrying -- this one is a 'pure car/truck carrier' and it can hold over 6000 vehicles! The Apollon Leader is 200 meters long and over 32 meters wide. It's pretty new, just built in 2008, and I also read somewhere that this ship is 'solar powered' but I'm not sure what that means.

And here's our local LeFarge barge making it's weekly trip to the Fraser River:

You'll be happy to know that I'm knitting... and knitting ... and knitting... I decided to add a beaded edge to this shawl, and it's taking FOREVER!

The photo still doesn't do the color justice ... it's a much brighter 'apple' green, and really pretty.

By the way, you might remember that I mentioned that Hailey flew to London England almost two weeks ago to work with a client there. Yup, that's right, she was only supposed to be gone for ten days, and she's been a victim of the ash cloud. She's on stand-by now with a confirmed flight home on the 29th -- at least she has somewhere to stay and money in her pocket! Here's a little story for Hailey's benefit ... but the rest of you should enjoy it, too. The day I lost my phone I was on the beach with Gibson...

Gibson: Grandma, when I grow up I want to be a lady.

Grandma: (after stifling a chuckle) Why do you think you want to be a lady when you grow up, Gibson?

Gibson: Because men get bald, and I don't want to get bald.

He then proceeded to give me the list of all the men in his life whom he perceives as 'getting bald'... and he was pretty much right! Too funny... I, of course, assured him that not all men 'get bald' and that he had a LOT of hair so I didn't think he had any worries!

Back to work I go...

No comments: