Monday, April 26, 2010

KNITTING TIME

I reached all my work goals this weekend, so I snagged a fair bit of knitting time! The result? The green shawl came off the needles and on to the blocking board..

My design, Ruth Stewart's wool, and a few weeks of knitting -- and I think it's my second-favorite shawl of the ones I've made. :)

So I cast on immediately for a sweater I've been intending for myself for a really long time (don't worry, Monica -- I haven't forgotten your sweater, I have a 'dye date' in May!), in a lovely pale blue wool-acrylic blend:

Seems like it'll be a fast knit, which is nice -- besides, I just bought myself a ton of knitting time for the next two days. I'm going to Vancouver to meet Hailey! She finally got a confirmed stand-by flight for today (from London, England, for anyone who's just found this blog, where she's been stuck under the ash cloud for six days longer than she intended to be there)so I'll spend the night tonight and come back tomorrow. One catch ... I've rented a car because it seems my trusty old Ford van may be on its last legs. :( Michael will take it in to the mechanic while I'm away to hear the latest round of bad news and then we'll have to make a decision if it's worth fixing ...

Meanwhile, that 50th pair of socks languishes on the needles in my sock bag. Maybe on the ferry today?

2 comments:

SpinMeAYarn said...

glad to hear your daughter will finally get home, there have been plenty of people stuck abroad with the ash cloud.
Sorry to hear about your car, i'd hate if my trusty old car gave up on me...
Lovely to see your shawl and your sweater.
I must admit I have never knit a pair of socks in my life. Plenty of sweaters and scarves and mittens but no socks.
Mmm, maybe i need to get out of my rut and try something new like a shawl and a pair of socks!
Very inspiring!
liz

Knitting Out Loud said...

What a beautiful shawl & great place to live!