Friday, April 9, 2010

ODDS 'n' SODS

Yesterday afternoon I rewarded myself for getting lots of work done this week by going to the Thursday spinning group -- I haven't been there for weeks! I didn't take my wheel, so I'm more like a spinning imposter, but it's still fun. We met at Wendy's lovely home in the woods in Metchosin...

... and I worked on my newest shawl, a lovely spring green merino that I've designed myself!
.
Along with almost 3000 other people, I've joined a Ravelry 'challenge' group called 'Ten Shawls in 2010' so this is shawl #2. It's a quick knit compared to the blue cotton, so I'm lovin' it so far.

Knit'n'Cafe today ... guess I get to reward myself again. It's a hard life....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Give the gals at Knit ncafe my love and look forward to seeing them in June xx

Anonymous said...

Hey, the shawls challenge is so much fun! I'm having a blast with it.

Grace said...

your shawl design if very pretty and the color is perfect. I love the picture part of 10 shawls in 2010 its so inspirational

SpinMeAYarn said...

Hi, i just found your blog.
I love the colour and texture of your green shawl.
The spinning group looks very cosy.
Good luck with your shawls challenge!
regards
liz