Sunday, January 9, 2011

A LITTLE GET-AWAY

This coming Wednesday (Jan.12th) will be the 33rd anniversary of the day Michael and I met ... in the bar at the old Sidney Hotel. When I stayed there (at the now-much-improved bigger fancier hotel) for an overnight in November I asked to speak to the manager, because 33 years ago he was the lounge manager, and I knew the hotel was still in the family. The receptionist turned out to be his sister, and the three of us had a great chat about 'old times.' They were a little surprised that Michael and I were still together, with our history!

When Dennis had to leave for another appointment, I asked his sister to book us that same room for January 9th and 10th -- the two days this month I knew we could get away to celebrate. Well, she insisted on 'upgrading' us to the fancy-dancy deluxe suite at the same rate I'd just paid for a plain nice little room -- $83 a night!

So we are off this morning, and won't be back until Tuesday around noon. Yay!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 33rd anniversary! I hope you had a great couple of days in your deluxe suite at the hotel where you met. 33 years is a very long time to be with someone, so I congratulate you on that alone. Wishing you and Michael many more years of togetherness.

India

Web Graphic Design & Management said...

My Husband & I just celebrated our 33rd as well! I worked at the old Hotel Sidney when we met. Congratulations!