Saturday, January 8, 2011

SHAWL #2

Just finished and blocked Annis this morning!

This is the first time I've knit laceweight on 5mm needles, and it wasn't fun, especially while I was still on the lacey edging. I used about 400 yards of a skein of 100% alpaca hand-dyed by Ryan at Knotty by Nature here in Victoria -- delicious yarn. It's a lovely teal with subtle changes throughout .... once again, my early morning pictures don't do the color justice.

It's more of a shawlette than a shawl, really, especially for someone my size ... but it IS stunning. I substituted crystal beads for the nupps the pattern called for, and I'm glad I did.

2 comments:

Louisa said...

That is so pretty and the shape is great for wrapping around and around! Now I want to knit one too. :P

Grace said...

just gorgeous Marilyn, I am sure it was worth the frustration, its beautiful!