Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A LOVELY TIME

Just before we left on Sunday, it started to hail, something that rarely happens here! Some of the stones were as big as peas landing on our 'porch' and on the boat's gunwales:

That wasn't going to stop us, though. We got out to the hotel around 1 pm -- and the room was amazing. Here's the view out over the American San Juans (including Mt. Baker):
And here's the view, not just of some of the room, but from the 2-person jetted tub in the room!


We went out for dinner our first night there, and we kept intending to get out for a walk along the seawall, but it was really cold the whole time we were there -- perfect for snuggling up in front of the fireplace. It even snowed a bit ... this is the view out to the right of the room:
Much knitting took place -- I started a new shawl called Wings to Heaven  and knit about 10" before I realized there was a serious mistake 2" back, and had to frog it. I'm almost back where I started now.... 
Here's a close-up of the pattern - I'm really enjoying this!


Got back in time for a small private knitting class I'll be teaching for the next 6 weeks, and got home just before supper, and just before the snow flew again.

Not sure if I'll accomplish much today.....  :)


No comments: