Monday, January 9, 2012

FIVE DAYS?

According to my blog 'manager' it's been 5 days since I last posted -- where does the time go? Other than River's birthday dinner on Wednesday ...

. I've had some pretty lazy days, actually, so I have no excuse!

I looked out the window one day and saw this...
I have no idea where it came from, and as I watched it, it dissipated!

I've been knitting, of course... I finally got past the swatch for my niece's wedding present sampler afghan (she got married in October!) and I've got the first 'strip' almost done:
This is pure undyed wool grown, processed and spun here on Salt Spring Island at the Gulf Islands Spinning Mill (several years ago, I've had it in my stash a looooong time), and I'm creating a traditional 'aran'-type sample blanket ... with luck, they'll have it in time for their first anniversary, do you think?

I also finished shawl #5 for that commission I started in the fall... this is 'Lacy Baktus' in a pale grayish-green wool-cashmere blend:
... and I've already cast on for #6, which is a cowl knit in some luscious Australian merino the woman sent me!
She originally hired me to do eight shawls and cowls, but has now given me the go-ahead to do another four items with additional yarn she sent. I'm having fun matching yarns to patterns, and trying out some different things I wouldn't ordinarily make!

Speaking of knitting ... we'll be at the Rock Salt this afternoon ... and I have a pair of new socks on the needles for me, me, me!!

1 comment:

Esther V. said...

Great blog, Marilyn! Was wondering what happened to you and your daily blogs!
Your shawls are amazing..
I am doing great with my shawl..so nice and light to work with..but I do have to finish the Cowichan sweater I started last year..that means sewing in a zipper..it's been awhile since I've done that.