Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ACQUISITIONS

I brought my new spinning wheel home yesterday.

Isn't it lovely? :)

Now I just need to meet a few deadlines, and I'll reward myself with unpacking and setting it up. Meanwhile, you can check it out here -- it's the Ashford Traveller double drive -- and yes, I have room for it on my boat. In fact, my first inkling that I had room for a spinning wheel was last year when Wendy brought her wheel along on a knitting cruise we did. Here's my living room (aka 'salon' in boat-speak) ...

I have another acquisition, too. My friend Penny found TWO second-hand hardback original copies (of a 1947 reprint) of Mary Thomas's "Book of Knitting Patterns", so she bought one for each of us!

I'm just tickled about this ... I already had the "Book of Modern Lace Knitting" by Marianne Kinzel (1953; reprinted in 1972) and the "Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting" (1961: reprinted in 1972), as well as "Handmade Lace and Patterns" by Annette Feldman (1975), so the Mary Thomas book nicely adds to my collection of 'historical' lace knitting books. Of course, I'm going to have to live to be 437 to knit all the patterns, but that's beside the point, right?

Back to work -- I have a meeting with a client at 11 a.m. and I'd love to have some progress to report!

1 comment:

anareis said...

Y doing a campaign for donations to my project of the comunitat minibiblioteca and other activities for children and adolescents in my community lacking here in Rio de Janeiro I need help of all people of good heart,you cam donate or 5.00 to 20.00 mandar on your heart,my community is very much the poor need your donation to be made by carta(correspondencia). Para donate just send me an email and i will give the address of the referral letter,my email is: asilvareis10@gmail.com Make a stream of donations and you will abençõar. Quem god gives to the poor lends to GOOD, Faça a visit to my blogs: Eulucinha.blogspot.com ,i agradecida. Que GOOD bless uns all.