Saturday, July 25, 2009

Anyone who's ever met my daughter Mischa knows that she is smart, funny and beautiful -- but she has some kind of weird short circuit in her brain about TIME.

I was to pick her and her friends up at 9 a.m. to drive them to Parksville for another friends' wedding.

I arrived at 8:45, because I *don't* have a weird thing about time. Mischa and one friend were in the van with all their things by just after 10 a.m.... and then we had to go pick up friend number two. Then we all agreed that we had to go through the Starbuck's drive-through before we left town, of course.

Then we had to stop for gas, and then, 45 minutes later, a bathroom break; finally, we had to find a bank in Nanaimo so some cheques could be deposited.

We arrived at Tigh-Na-Mara resort in Parksville at 12:45. And, don't get me wrong, we had a great time on the drive up -- it was sunny and warm, and I love being around all that 'young energy'. I just can't believe how loooong everything took!

(In these pics, Mischa is the one with the DARK hair ... she colored it day before yesterday after being a red-head for almost 4 years!


By the time we got them all registered and unloaded, and I headed south again, it was almost 1:30 -- and I hadn't eaten a thing. When I stopped in Ladysmith for a sandwich I realized that by the time I got home to Victoria, Knit'n'Cafe would be pretty much over.

So I did what any self-respecting knitter would do ... stopped at one of my favorite beaches in the world, leaned up against a lovely tree in the shade, and worked on Waves in the Square. :)

... which is coming along nicely, I might add. I only have ten rows or so before the border ... it's already 21" long, and I love it!

Got home at around 6 pm., exhausted. I think I need a day off...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Waves are going to be fabulous. Looking forward to seeing the FO.

Linda said...

Hi Marilyn, thank you so much for the Pay it Forward envelope that arrived today. What a lovely surprise in the mailbox. I love all the items especially the soft, brown scarf. I've posted about it on my blog today. Thanks again.

Grace said...

love your shawl, its wonderful , and what a nice chauffeur you are and you didn't even stay at the resort!!!