Friday, July 3, 2009

I'M BACK ...

... to the drawingboard, as they say. I got a parcel since I last blogged -- a gift from Dina! It included a lovely skein of sock yarn ...

... a book with a section on Cowichan knitting in it, and this beautiful object ...

I've owned 'project keepers' before ... cheap plastic ones, that is. This one is wood, and it's gorgeous!

We had a lovely time at Albert Head -- the weather was amazing, and I definitely wasn't ready to come back to work after FibreFest yet, so I'm really glad we went. By the end of the first evening, we'd seen otters, seals, deer, eagles, kingfishers, oystercatchers, ravens, and turkey vultures!


And a huge school of baby herring went right under our boat...


Then the seals appeared for dinner...

Oh, we saw some humans too...


But R & R was the order of the day. Michael kayaked...

And I know this will come as a complete shock to some of you, but ... I knitted.

(That's a Sivia Harding design shawl called 'Waves in the Square' on the needles).

And watched the sun come up over Victoria...

We came back home on Wednesday, but it was Canada Day ... so what's a gal to do? Well, in my case, knit and relax some more! Mischa and the boys came over to watch the fireworks with us, and the boys spent the night, so yesterday morning was a 'write-off' as well.

I *did* get some work done yesterday afternoon in spite of the ongoing heat-wave, and I *must* get some work done today, too. Although ... it is Friday, and there's Knit'n'Cafe.... :-)

Maybe NEXT week I'll get serious about being back to the drawing board....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to get serious at the drawing board with this lovely summer!
Glad you had a lovely, relaxing time. And did some knitting.

-kate