Wednesday, July 29, 2009

STILL TOO HOT

Yesterday the thermometer topped 100 degrees in our boat ... with the windows open and a fan on! But it was easy to be distracted since we have the boys for a few days ...


We took some pictures of Joshua and his friend too, but they're on my son's camera and he hasn't emailed them to me yet. While we were swimming, two tug boats were busy moving some kind of platform structure around at Point Hope:


I'll be calling there today to see what it was!

Knitting is happening .... slowwwwwwwwwwwwww knitting! I'm on the edging for the shawl, but not even a quarter of the way around, it's taking forever!

I'm hoping to wear it to Steph and Ryan's wedding this weekend, so I need to keep plugging away at it.

Speaking of this weekend, it's Symphony Splash time again -- our absolute favorite event of the year will be this coming Sunday. The rest of the summer is getting booked up, too -- we have a cruise next week for 3 days with Susan and Sri, and then it's our 30th anniversary, and we have several day trips planned, too. In spite of my whining about the heat, I hope this weather holds! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Symphony Splash - was a highlight for sure when we lived down there.

Sounds like a fun August!

-kate