Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


I can't believe I last posted to my blog on Dec. 28th ... it's been a whirlwind of family, food, fun and friends in our world! But the last of the family leaves this morning -- we'll put Joshua on the train for up-Island, and then I'll drive Hailey to the ferry.

Here's the last of the Christmas knitting to show you...

I made a pair of these for Mike on Galiano, and Jason saw me knitting them and wanted a pair, so.... what's a gal to do?

I've also made a pair of mitts for Hailey in the last 3 days -- not fingerless, she lives in Whistler! And Gibson's Christmas socks were too small, so I've frogged them back to before the toe decreases, added an inch, and I'm now decreasing again.

I love Christmas. And I also love it when it's over, and I can get back to my routine -- I have a LOT of (paid) work to do , and now it's only a month until I leave for Whistler for the Games, so January will be pretty crazy.

Tonight I'm looking forward to curling up in front of the fire with some new knitting, though ... I can't think of a better way to 'ring out the old and ring in the new...' -- Happy New Year!

No comments: