Monday, December 28, 2009

A LOVELY HOLIDAY

It was a lovely, and busy, time. I got what I wanted, though ... the whole family, here, safe and sound (and behaving reasonably well, too!) :-)

Mischa hosted, as always...


... and I even got a rare photo of Jeff! (He's not around much, and when he is, he hates the camera).

On Christmas Eve I made chili for our supper, at Mischa's, and we ate goodies and Jason played the guitar, and we listened to the NORAD report until we could put the boys to bed. Tradition has it that Jason and Hailey 'camp out' on Mischa's floor on Christmas Eve (well, they don't sleep much ... they're often up reminiscing and wrapping gifts until the wee hours of the morning, and then the boys wake up early) and we are under strict instructions to arrive back there no later than 8 a.m.

Hailey cooked us brekkie, as always...


Gibson modeling the hoodie I knit him...

River showing off his new 'PSP'...

Hailey modeling the Ruth Stewart hat I knit her.

Jason taking movies of the boys...

'Ancient Mariner' (Galiano) Mike opening the socks I knit him...

And Michael modeling the leather jacket I bought him...

And my other favorite part of Christmas Day at Mischa's? The girls do dinner, I'm banned from the kitchen!

Then, on Boxing Day, we had another 'round' when Joshua arrived from up-Island and Kristen could join us, too.


Last night we were back at Mischa's again for leftovers ...

I completely forgot to take a picture of the sock brigade, and if anyone got any pics of me, they haven't shared them yet.

Hailey and Joshua are both here until the 30th, so we may go look at lights tonight, but otherwise, we're all just 'chillin' today and tomorrow. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, too...

No comments: