Monday, November 2, 2009

THE NEWSBOY CAP

The astute among you will notice a new button on the right-hand sidebar that wasn't there yesterday. Yup, I've again committed to blogging every single day in November for National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo)!

Since yesterday, after casting on for yet another pair of socks, I've been side-tracked by another project.

I want to make a 'newsboy' cap like this one (without the pom-pom):


The pattern I have is a vintage one, with a more recent conversion, but I've started to knit this three times: first, the yarn was all wrong for it, then the needle size, then I discovered mistakes in the original pattern... and then I realized that I really want to convert this to work it in the round.

If I can actually pull this off, does that mean I've created an original pattern? :-) It'll have to 'simmer' for day or two now, anyway ... I have work (you know, the actual 'paid' variety) to do today.

Happy Monday!

No comments: