Wednesday, November 11, 2009

VICTORIA WEBCAMS

I've been meaning to post about our local webcams for awhile and I'm finally posting in the morning again, so this seemed like a good time.

I check these webcams pretty much every day (and donate to support them financially, too) -- it's a great way to find out what's going on in and around the harbour. The first one I always check is Dallas Road -- this is the Juan de Fuca approach to the harbour, and it's what I see when I'm at Clover Point. Here's a capture from this morning, and it's pretty typical of what you'd see along that stretch most days -- Race Rocks light is gleaming in the background (top right in the photo) with Washington's Olympic Mountains behind.

That's also the cam we check if we're leaving the harbour to go anywhere -- it shows us the immediate conditions, as well as the wind speed and direction.

And here's the link to the cam so you can check it out whenever you want.

The next one I check is a fairly new one here, and I love it! It's at the Ogden Point breakwater, which is the entrance to the harbour ... this breakwater takes 15 minutes to walk one-way, by the way. :)

Here's the link.

And finally, I usually check the Inner Harbour webcam, too. Here's what I captured this morning at daybreak:

That webcam can be found here.

Our marina is just beyond the blue bridge span you can see almost dead centre in the photo.

I think later today I'll upload these links to the sidebar so they'll be more permanent. :)

No comments: