Saturday, November 28, 2009

ROAD TRIP TODAY

Yesterday Janet came to Knit'n'Cafe with a shoebox for me ... full of old plastic needles that she has cut down to 8" and put beads on the end -- the better to teach kids to knit with at the FibreFest. :)

I always look in second-hand stores for short needles for that very reason, so these will come in handy, for sure.

We're on our way up-Island this morning for the weekend. The Qualicum Weavers and Spinners annual Christmas sale is on, our niece's Christmas musical theatre production is this evening, Sri is having a potluck lunch and giving away a bunch of Susan's clothes, and the Qualicum Christmas craft fair (one of the three biggest on the Island) is on. Those were already good excuses for a road trip -- and it's my birthday tomorrow, too. Michael drives so I get lots of good knitting time -- bonus!

I'll post tomorrow from my sister's (only 3 more days for NaBloPoMo, yay!) ...

2 comments:

Grace said...

Happy Happy Birthday tomorrow Marilyn I wanted to wish you happy now before I forget!!!!

Esther V. said...

I'm writing this Sunday morning...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARILYN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

hope you have sunshine upisland and a fun fun day. Esther.