Saturday, November 14, 2009

SATURDAY MORNING

Michael drove me to the ferry yesterday morning, and then I got the bus from the ferry to the YWCA. It's been years since I've been on a bus, so that was a weird experience ... but it went well. :)

I love the 'Y'. The rooms are basic but clean, it's right downtown but feels completely safe, and it has a knitting room. Oh... sorry... I mean a common kitchen/lounge area. With a view!

Wanna see that view a little closer?

Vancouver is almost as pretty as Victoria -- but it's definitely got the 'big city' thing going on. But look, those are sailboats!

Even as I read about the Women's Ski Jumping team losing their court case (against VANOC, the organizers of these Games, for discrimination for not including their sport in 2010), I'm pretty stoked about this volunteer commitment.

I'll post tomorrow morning from Hailey's place!

2 comments:

Esther V. said...

I'm impressed with your daily blogging!! love it.
That lost of the court case for the women ski jumpers really ticks me off. My daughter met the torch carrier in Victoria who was a ski jumper from Calgary who wanted to compete..have to feel very sad for her and her brother is competing and her brother said that his sister is better than he is.
Say hi to Haley!

Esther V. said...

see my blog EstherWoodWork