Thursday, December 13, 2007

WELCOME TO CANADA!

I was down on the Dallas Road waterfront by 8 a.m. with my morning coffee and my knitting, just in time to see the new BC Ferry emerge from the fog! By the time I drove my grandson to school and got back down to Trafalgar Park, I was just in time to see it rounding Trial Island ... too far away to get a decent shot of it. I can tell you that it's HUGE, and very brightly colored. . .

According to the Times-Colonist, the 'Coastal Renaissance' is the first of three new Super C-class ferries, and it was built in Germany. It took 48 days to get here, including a trip through the Panama Canal. Here's the rest of the story.

PHOTO OF THE DAY: Fulford Harbour on Salt Spring Island is a place of mixed feelings for us -- we've twice had boating mishaps there. But it IS beautiful!

No comments: