Saturday, January 24, 2009

KNIT'N'CAFE

One of the highlights of my week these days is our regular Friday afternoon "Knit'n'Cafe" gathering at a local 'Serious Coffee' shop. I love it because everyone is so friendly and helpful, it's informal, and the women who come are all *very* creative and interesting. The group is generally anywhere from 5 to a dozen of us -- except yesterday, when 16 people showed up! Here's a composite photo from several I took ... and even later, two more gals came...

(Remember that you can click to make the image bigger...)

I was working on my third pair of Regia socks from the two original skeins ... I finished them this morning, and then realized I hadn't uploaded pics of the last pair yet:


So that was sock pair #20 since I learned how to knit them in May!

I have to take a break from them for a bit though... I have a market bag to knit for a store sample, and I need to get started on my scarf for the International Scarf Exchange pretty quick!

I also need to get out this afternoon and get some pics -- one of the biggest Coast Guard ships on this coast has come in to Point Hope Shipyard across the inlet for a refit. And to top it off, it's supposed to SNOW later today, so I may not get a chance to get out again until tomorrow.

I'm otherwise planning a leisurely weekend ... hope yours is going well, too!

No comments: